SUBSIDY OPPORTUNITY NOW AVAILABLE: CPCO, together with OPC and ADFO, and in partnership with the Ministry of Education, is offering a limited number of subsidies for eligible candidates for this AQ program. Click here for details.
CPCO’s Principal Development Course Additional Qualifications (PDC AQ) is developed and facilitated virtually by CPCO Associates (Practicing and Non-Practicing). It is 125 total hours in length, designed as a modular course with Core and Elective Modules related to Catholic Leadership. Each 31.25-hour module includes online synchronous instructional time via Zoom (10 hours), asynchronous learning (11.25 hours), as well as a job-embedded professional inquiry practicum (10 hours).
To receive Additional Qualification (AQ) accreditation from Ontario College of Teachers (OCT), candidates must successfully complete four modules inclusive of two Core Modules (one of which must be Module 1: Mission of Jesus) AND any two other modules - Core or Elective. Modules may be completed in any order.
Catholic Principals’ Council of Ontario is committed to offering an equitable and inclusive course that:
- is rooted in Gospel values that celebrate our distinct Catholic identity
- grounds learning in sound research and exemplary professional leadership practices
- intentionally fosters an anti-oppression, anti-racist and culturally responsive stance
- is current, relevant, practical, and intellectually stimulating for aspiring and experienced leaders
- utilizes a pedagogical inquiry framework to promote and support ethical leadership practices
- fosters deep personal reflection on Catholic leadership with a commitment to understand and respond to situations of injustice and oppression.
This professional learning focuses on the development of personal and professional knowledge, skills and practices that lead to exemplary practice in the role of leaders in Catholic Schools. Candidates will be able to recognize opportunities to engage others in achieving the vision and goals of a Catholic school community dedicated to equity and honouring the profiles and needs of learners and candidates to build agency and identities.
Throughout the Core and Elective Modules, candidates will be guided and supported in their own on-going professional learning. CPCO recognizes that candidates bring varying experiences to the course. The outcomes will be dependent on the personal growth of each individual candidate.